YSL co-founder claims DA in Young Thug RICO case was his lawyer

YSL co-founder Mondo has claimed that The state attorney in charge Young ThugRICO case was once his lawyer.

Mondo – which was not one of them 28 members named in YSL RICO case – was a guest in an episode of Ugly money podcast that was published on Friday (Jan. 20). He revealed the connection with Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney Fani Willis during the conversation, explaining how he was her last case before she became a prosecutor.

“The same lady, the Fani Willis lady, that was just my lawyer! I’ve proven the facts for this!” Mondo said. “The last case I was just fighting – I had just gotten out of jail … I was the last case she was on before she became a prosecutor. … You were just my lawyer – so how can you turn around and try to accuse a n-gga? … It wasn’t even years later. This was like … Yeah, it was like two, three years later. It was about two.”

When the host pointed out that Willis could use information from his case against his YSL cohorts, Mondo said that wouldn’t be possible.

“She can’t use any information. You don’t have anything on me that says I’m not doing anything,” he confirmed. “That would just be a conflict of interest, period.”

Mondo also noted how bizarre it was to see Willis switch sides after their seemingly solid relationship when she represented him.

“It was really just my lawyer. Bruh, I’ve never seen this lady act like that,” he said. “This shit is weird to me. Now I know all that shit is about politics and all this old funny shit. It’s serious. Politics is serious, bruh.”

“I used to talk to this lady like an aunt!” Mondo continued. “So now that I see her doing this, I don’t know what’s going on! It’s scary as hell. And it’s a lot of crap they put out here and just say! That is not correct.”

Following the arrests of Young Thug, Gunna and over two dozen other YSL members in May 2022, Willis told WSB-TV that she had received several threats to her life over it.

“I’m a lot more careful than I’ve ever been in my life to be aware of my surroundings,” Willis said, hinting that she’s added an extra security detail. “It is necessary for me to stay alive.”

When asked about specific threats, Willis kept it brief, noting that one of the threats came from someone who knows where she lives.

“Basically, they want to assassinate me that the DA will get it,” she said. “I will not be intimidated into doing so [my job] and do it in a proper way and hold people accountable. We do not believe that these threats were addressed by anyone in the YSL charge. I would say people are very sympathetic, maybe admirers of YSL and connected with them in some way.”

The number of YSL staff taking their case to court has dropped from 28 to a possible 14 after many, including Gunna, have entered into plea agreementsbut some still do not have proper legal representation.

However, two people did not accept pleas when offered. Tenquarius “Nard” Mender and Derontae Bebee both turned down offers made to them in December that would have seen them released from prison. They will now go to court together with Thugger, with Nard facing 50 years and Bebee facing a life sentence.

Gunna Called Out By YSL Co-Founder Over RICO Plea Deal: ‘You Crossed The Line’

Antonio Sledge, also known as Mounk Tounkwas sentenced to 15 years of probation after pleading guilty to conspiracy to violate the RICO Act and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Former YSL staff who have signed deals include the aforementioned Gunna, Young Thug’s brother Unfoonk, Slimelife Shawty (Winnie Lee)Lil Duke (Martinez Arnold), YSL co-founder Walter Murphy and Antonio “Obama” Sumlin.

Young Thug faces eight counts in the 65-count indictment, including conspiracy to violate the RICO Act and a number of gun and drug charges. Jury selection in the trial began earlier this month, while the trial itself is expected to last most of the year.

Related Posts