Aaron Carter Memoir Publisher Delays Release ‘Out of Respect for Carter Family’

Ballast Books postpones the planned publication date Aaron Carter memories, Aaron Carter: An Incomplete Story of an Incomplete Lifeafter the singer’s death.

The decision was made, according to Scott Atherton, Atherton Galardi Mullen & Reeder PLLC founder and rep for both the publisher and the memoir’s co-author, Andy Symonds, “out of respect for the Carter family.”

“My client has decided to delay further publication of the book at this time,” Atherton said in a statement. “Mr. Carter was not just a celebrity, but a father, a brother, a son and a friend to many who still mourn him.”

No new date was given for the unfinished memoir, which was previously due for release in November. 15, according to the publisher. The delay follows a statement from Carter’s rep denying the singer was involved or wanted the title published.

“Aaron, in the middle [working on the book]said, ‘I want nothing to do with this,’ and stopped, so the fact that the publisher says it’s green, it’s not,” a representative for Carter told Page six. “It’s against Aaron’s wishes.”

As part of announcing the delay, Atherton claimed in a statement that “Aaron Carter wanted his story told.”

“And he wanted our client, Andy Symonds, a well-respected journalist and author, to tell that story in all its beauty and rawness,” the statement continued. “Public attention has recently focused on a small number of interactions during Mr. Carter’s early years. The main story is about Mr. Carter’s life and what people can learn from his professional success, personal struggles and tragic passing.”

Symonds had worked with Carter on the memoir for three years, according to a Nov. 9 publication announcing the publication of the unfinished book.

In a separate statement previously granted to Billboardthe late singer’s management called the decision to publish the “unauthorized” memoir posthumously “obscenely disrespectful.”

“In the few short days following the passing of our dear friend, we’ve tried to grieve and process while dealing with obscenely disrespectful and unauthorized releases,” Carter’s team said. “This is a time for mourning and reflection, not heartless money-grabbing and attention-seeking.”

The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to a representative for Carter.

The singer and brother of Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter was found dead at age 34 at his home in Lancaster, California on Nov. 5 with no cause of death given at the time.

This article originally appeared on The Hollywood Reporter.

Related Posts