Jay Leno suffered some righteously severe burns a little over a week ago after a gasoline fire broke out in his garage in Los Angeles. He was rushed to a burns center to be treated for his injuries, but the late night legend has now been released and appears to be in good spirits. Jay Leno posed for a photo with some of the hospital staff, which shows visible scars on his face, chin, neck and hands.
“Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today,” sounds one announcement from the Grossman Burn Center. “After a 10-day stay at the facility, Jay will receive follow-up treatment at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands he received during a fire in his home garage. Jay would like to let everyone know how grateful he is for the care he has received and is very grateful for all the well wishes. He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.Dr. Peter Grossman added, “I am pleased with Jay’s progress and I am optimistic that he will make a full recovery.“
Jay Leno had been working on one of his many classic cars and was lying under the vehicle when the fire broke out, leaving him with severe burns. In a statement right after the accident, Leno said, “I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. I just need a week or two to get back on my feet.We wish you all the best in your recovery!