Netflix Denies Squid Game: The Challenge Injury Report, Issues Statement

Netflix recently pushed back against claims made by players Squid Game: The Challenge had been seriously injured.

Reports on Wednesday from The sun – a British tabloid newspaper – noted that players of the game show had been “seriously injured” during the production, which took place at a former air force base near Bedford, England. According to the report, injuries were said to have occurred during the filming of the game “Red Light, Green Light”, which was based on one of the most memorable challenges from the original series.

The report mentions that similar to the game in the series, players had to remain stationary and get to the finish line. However, due to the unusually cold temperatures in the area (The Sun noted that temperatures reached as low as -3 Celsius), players began to feel unwell and some had to be cut off, with one noting that the game “was like a war zone . People left in tears.”

In a statement to THRNetflix and Studio Lambert (who co-produce the series along with The Garden) refuted certain aspects of The Sun’s story, namely that the contestants had to be carried off the set.

“We care deeply about the health and safety of our cast and crew and invested in all appropriate safety procedures. While it was very cold on set — and the cast was prepared for it — any claims of serious injury are untrue,” Netflix said in a statement .

IN Squid Game: The Challenge, players will compete for the chance to win $4.56 million, the largest one-time prize in reality television history. It comes from Studio Lambert (The circle) and the garden (24 hours in A&E), part of ITV Studios.

“As they compete through a series of games inspired by the original show – plus surprising new additions – their strategies, alliances and character will be put to the test as the competition around them is eliminated,” reads the logline. “The stakes are high, but in this game, the worst fate is to go home empty-handed.”

Related Posts