Pixar Animation Studios’ latest film is coming to Disney+ this week.
After finishing its theatrical run, Disney+ subscribers get access to Light years from Wednesday, Aug. 3. The one Toy Story prequel follows the origin story of Buzz Lightyear, voiced by Avengers alum Chris Evans for the occasion. The cast also includes Keke Palmer, Dale Soules and Taika Waititi as a group of ambitious recruits. Meanwhile, Peter Sohn talks to Buzz’s robot companion, Sox. Other cast members include Uzo Aduba, James Brolin, Mary McDonald-Lewis, as well as Efren Ramirez and Isiah Whitlock Jr.
“The definitive origin story of Buzz Lightyear, the hero who inspired the toys, Light years follows the legendary Space Ranger after he is stranded on a hostile planet 4.2 million light-years from Earth along with his commander and their crew,” says the official synopsis. “As Buzz tries to find a way home through space and time, he is joined by a group of ambitious recruits and his charming robot cat, Sox. Complicating matters and threatening the mission is the arrival of Zurg, an imposing presence with an army of ruthless robots and a mysterious agenda.”
Light years is a sci-fi action-adventure coming from director and veteran Pixar animator Angus MacLane (Finding Dory). Galyn Susman (Toy Story 4, Ratatouille) produced. Michael Giacchino also serves as its composer.
Disney+ New TV & Movie Addons | Aug. 1-7
What to watch on Disney+ on Aug. 3
- Alice’s Wonderland Bakery (Season 1, 5 episodes)
- The Ghost and Molly McGee (Season 1, 5 episodes)
- Light years
- Marvel Studios Assembled: The Making of Ms. Marvel – Premiere
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series – Episode 3.02 “Into the Unknown”
What to watch on Disney+ on Aug. 5
- Lions King (2019) (Sing-Along Version)
- The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride (Sing-along version)
- Old Dogs
- LEGO Star Wars summer vacation – Premiere