Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
I know we just had two very pink recommendations on Thursday and Fridaybut: Pantone has just announced that The color of the year for 2023 will be magenta. So now is a good time to pick up some of the darker pink pieces still on sale from last season.
The one pictured CeCe top is one we’ve featured a lot before because it’s a great base for both work and play; select colors including this one are down to $48.
(There are plenty of lucky sizes for a few other pieces, all on sale – more CeCe tops and dresses, Sam Edelman coats, Dress the population dresses, and a few cute ones Nic & Zoe toppers.) If you’re looking for lipstick, I just got it this NYX that really doesn’t budge and is both bold and flattering (“Another Level”) – this Glossier lipstick in “Jam” is also very magenta on me, but much more of a buildable shade.
Readers, do you generally try to buy things that are the “color of the year” to make your wardrobe feel more trendy – or is it that you just can’t avoid the color in the stores since so many brands will use that color as a accent? (Last year’s color was lavender.) I always love pairing magenta with navy and gray, with accents like orange, red, or pastel blue—what are your favorite ways to wear magenta?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Sale of work clothes to note for 12.2.22: (Our favorites are in bold!)
- Nordstrom – Up to 60% off, with new discounts on coats and shoes!
- Ann Taylor – 50% off festive dressing plus 30% off almost everything else
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 60% off everything plus extra 25% off $125+
- Beta fire – Up to 70% off sitewide, plus get an additional 15% off with code. Readers’ favorite yoga dress pants come down to about $40.
- Eddie Bauer – 40% off outdoor gifts; 60% off selected camp fleece; free shipping on outerwear
- Elie Tahari – 30-50% discount; Sweater Shop 40% discount
- Eloquii – 60% discount on holiday offers; $25 select tops and sweaters
- Express – 30-50% on everything
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale; 30% on almost everything else
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% discount everything!
- Land’s End – Up to 70% off your order with code – reading favourite woolen dresses and trousers get down to under $60 (plus sizes too!); ponte dresses start at $30.
- Ceiling – 40% off full price styles plus an additional 25% off Lou & Grey
- Madewell – $50 jeans plus 30% off everything else
- Neiman Marcus – 25% off selected styles; 20% discount on selected jewellery
- Talbots – 40% discount on the entire purchase
- Universal Standard – Denim starts at $29
Gift ideas for men: