What do you pack for trips? We are excited going to England this summer, and through the many years of visits my grandmother, I’ve got my packing list down to a science. Here’s what I bring (and I would love to hear your go-tos) …
The magic of a shirt dress is that it immediately makes you feel put together. After a long flight or drive, push it over your head and boom you are beautiful and ready drinks at. Frank and Eileen is known for their splurgy, but amazing, and Goal and Universal Standard also has good opportunities.
4. Plus, old-school jeanswith a little bit of stretch.
5. My friend Susan always recommends packing red clothes because red looks so good in pictures. This red dress fits the bill.
7. Where is that fat this green color? We always take a soft overnight bag along with suitcases; I will use it during the trip for books, bath towels, bathing suits, whatever we need for everyday adventures. Birdling is a female-founded brand with a cult following, and I love all their poppies colors.
8. For me, it always feels frustrating to shop for shorts. They are either too long, too short, too swollen or too tight. fortunately this Guldlok pair get it right. Done and done!
9. Love these 100% cotton pajamas, which is block printed in India. They are super, super light, so they are not too hot at night; and they are sweet enough to cuddle around and drink coffee in the morning.
All in all, for a week in England, I pack: a terry sweatshirt, two dresses, two shirts, two pairs of shorts, a pair of jeans, flats, sneakers, pajamas, a suitcase and an overnight bag. You can mix and match everything. In addition, of course, I brought along underwear and bras; and mine everyday makeup and skin care. That is it!
What do you pack for trips? I would very much like to hear.
(Top photo of Cornwall, England, by Belathée.)
Note: If you buy something through our links, we can earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. We only recommend products we really like. Thank you.