Reports to: Executive Creative Director & Sr. Product Development Manager
Classification: ‘Exempt’ Salary position
Job overview: This position will work as part of a close and collaborative design team on all aspects of collection development related to the creation of seasonal collections and special projects. The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the Executive Creative Director, Senior Product Development Manager and other colleagues in the research, development and execution of all projects. They must exude common sense, be organized and extremely detail oriented, must always be willing to strive for perfection and be able to multi-task while meeting deliverables on time. The candidate must be passionate about designer fashion while having an aesthetic that matches the Marina Moscone brand, and be well-versed and aware of the adjacent global fashion realm.
Essential Job Functions:
– 100% proficiency in all CAD/Adobe Suite
– Work closely with all aspects of the design and development process to ensure the collection is ready on time by working closely with suppliers and the development team
– Research and forecast trends and themes for the collections, with leadership from senior team members and the Executive Creative Director
– Communicate concepts and ideas via research, sketches, fabric, trim, presentation boards, etc.
– Be present in fixtures, assist design team and studio team with fixtures; maintain an organized fitting room and supply cart; prepare in advance for pickup and special project furnishing
– Monitor and maintain all creative and design boards throughout the season with ongoing daily updates
– Maintain all development design updates in digital database (ie fabric changes, sketch changes, etc.)
– Must be prepared to show and present progress, updates, deliverables, etc. in daily design team “touch-base” meetings
– Assist in sourcing and researching fabrics, materials and trims and ensuring suppliers stay within concept and timeline
– Must understand fabrics thoroughly and be able to work with fabric mills on fabric developments, liaise between design team and fabric teams on unique and custom fabric developments and executions
– Produce clearly detailed engineering packages for fabric and unique material development using CAD software
– Must have knowledge of the global fashion industry, market, trends, etc.
– Create mood and concept boards based on thorough research for each collection and special project, with leadership from senior team members
– Ensure that materials, assembly tests and special projects are completed and adhere to the specified timeline
– Inspect, follow through and maintain quality in all aspects of the collection, in accordance with Marina Moscone standards
– Hire, supervise and manage design-related interns as part of the internship course
– Able to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and work long hours
– Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage own schedule and allocate time effectively to projects, while also being receptive to supervisors
– Have a creative sensibility and an eye for Marina Moscone’s standards for quality, colour, silhouette, fabric etc.
– Able to prioritize and organize well and have strong time management skills
– Must have a good understanding of clothing construction and design at designer level from a technical perspective
– Must have strong and professional written and oral communication skills
– Be able to develop and nurture strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, fabric agents, etc., representing the brand professionally and to company standards
Education and experience required:
– Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or equivalent
– Minimum of 2 years of internship experience in brands at an adjacent level
– Previous work experience from an adjacent level is strongly preferred
– Must provide a portfolio of work
Scroll to continue