Laura Lombardi is looking for a driven, dynamic candidate to lead our production and development. In this role, you will work closely with the Creative Director/Founder to develop exceptional products and lead our in-studio team and off-site production partners to bring these ideas to life. You will be responsible for coordinating the product’s journey from designer’s concept to tangible goods delivered to our global network of wholesale and e-commerce customers.
Founded with an independent and DIY ethos, Laura Lombardi has a vibrant and collaborative study environment where new ideas and solution-driven discussions are encouraged. This is a rapidly evolving area of work where changes to processes occur regularly as we seek to continuously improve our product and practice.
The ideal candidate is a curious and committed quick thinker, with both technical and managerial skills. You are a skilled project manager with a love for jewellery, and are invested and interested in every step of the production process.
● Supervise the studio production team, manage schedules and weekly tasks to ensure efficiency in all processes and timely delivery of products.
● Managing relationships with all manufacturing partners and suppliers, proactively communicating customer needs on behalf of the company to all manufacturing partners with clarity.
● Handling of cost maps, raw material descriptions and cost calculation in Zedonk.
● Creation of technology packages for suppliers and updated specifications for internal use.
● Carrying out regular updates of specification sheets and cost database to ensure accuracy at all times.
● Management of seasonal production campaigns, conversion of sales orders to material and product purchase orders.
● Establishing deadlines and fulfillment strategy with suppliers and assistant PD manager, ensuring studio team and suppliers are aligned to ensure timely delivery.
● Using Monday’s project management platform as well as production calendars to provide frequent updates as product information becomes available from supplier partners.
● Collaborate and coordinate with external and internal parties to ensure timely delivery of all purchase orders and products.
● Participating in frequent communication with Sales Managers and Creative Director, remaining flexible and attuned to changing priorities and client needs.
● Translate information and requests shared by the sales team into tasks for the studio production team and lead in setting priorities.
● Engage in daily communication with suppliers to ensure timely fulfillment of orders, including troubleshooting production issues, establishing priorities, and resolving production-related discrepancies.
● Conduct solution-oriented dialogues with suppliers when delays and discrepancies occur.
● Maintain a creative, curious and solution-driven approach to development.
● Acts as liaison between creative director/designer and producers.
● Communicating the designer’s concepts to suppliers and ensuring feasibility through specifications, technology packages, CAD files and ongoing dialogue. To ensure that new products live up to the brand’s visual and quality standards.
● Procurement of new materials, development and production of samples prior to each sales season.
● Careful cataloging and maintenance of TOP samples for raw materials and products.
● A close collaboration with QC led to establishing areas for improvement. Conceptualization, research and proposals for improvements of new and existing products based on QC lead and customer feedback. Filing claims to factories in case of RA or defects.
● 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
● Must collaborate and have the confidence to lead a team.
● Excellent personal and written communication skills.
● Must possess technical skills in jewelry development and design.
● Must be able to work across multiple digital tools with skill and accuracy.
● CAD and Adobe PSD or Illustrator expertise is a must.
● Experience with Zedonk is a plus.
● Highly organized, driven and solution-oriented.
● Works well under pressure and is able to think clearly and quickly. Excellent time management skills.
● Understanding of and sensitive to commercial fashion calendar and timeline.
$68,000 – $85,000 / year, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your CV to Contact@LauraLombardi.com with the subject line “Production Manager”.
Laura Lombardi is a New York-based jewelry line known for its modern approach to traditional jewelry design. Creating bold chains and sculptural earrings, Laura Lombardi balances a raw industrial style, influenced by the designer’s native New York, with classic motifs from Italy to create jewelry that feels old world and new.
Operating to this day with an emphasis on non-traditional materials and craftsmanship, the line is crafted by the brand’s in-studio production team with support from locally owned businesses along the East Coast using both new and recycled elements.
Our products are sold across top retailers worldwide and have been featured in notable publications globally. We are a small, close-knit and dedicated team working together in the studio to create memorable products and experiences.
Scroll to continue